Tasteful & Charming
Tuna Stuffed Potato
Serves 4 people
8 red skin medium size potatoes
2 liters of cold water
1 tbsp of salt
2 jars of Tonnino Tuna Filets with
capers and garlic in olive oil (190 gr. o 6,7oz)
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup of Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp of olive oil from the Tonnino jar
½ cup of fresh tomato (small dices without seeds)
¼ julienned roasted peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a big pot of cold water put potatoes with their skin. Add 1 tbsp of salt and boil. When it starts boiling, cook for 20 minutes.
2. In a big bowl mix the ricotta cheese, Tonnino olive oil, tomatoes and peppers.
3. Salt and pepper to taste
4. When the potatoes are done, drain and set aside.
5. Cut one side of the potato and with the help of a spoon empty enough to fill with the tuna and cheese filling, approximately a third of the potato. Put the remaining potato in a bowl where you will mix it with the rest of the filling.
6. Add the ricotta mix to the potato.
7. Then add the mozzarella and tuna
8. Mix carefully; don’t flake the tuna.
9. Stuff the potatoes with the filling, add parmesan cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes until the parmesan is golden brown and serve.